Wednesday, 15 April 2009

A Birthday celebration at SUN

The colleagues had been talking about SUN restaurant. Despite the 30% discount that sounded attractive, they mentioned the food was delicious which tempted me to try. I have been thinking of a dinner venue to celebrate Jeremy's birthday, now SUN will be one of my options besides MOF. Much of a curious, I have no objections when the ladies suggest a to have lunch there. Indeed, the environment and menu does looks attractive. I had a tough time deciding what to order. The food appears to be delicious with beautiful garnishing. I had a hearty satisfactory meal! Decided! SUN will be my dinner treat for Jeremy's Birthday. To be able to enjoy the discount, I set the celebration date a week earlier from Jeremy's actual birth date (22 March). Ashley was excited when the day came... it happened that she saw a commercial about CHJMES and I highlighted to her that we will be dinning there on daddy's birthday celebration. I was me who instill the excitement in her. haha! Cieran on the other hand, knows nothing about a nice meal awaiting for him. The evening turn out to be a good one with nice cool weather (rain had stopped). It's been many years since Jeremy & I visited CHJMES. Somehow, it reflects back our memories when we are in CHJMES during our courtship times. Now, we brought with us 2 lovely children with us. This feeling is fabulous. The structure of the building remains while our lives changes over the years. It delighted me to see my kids running around the place, having fun. I cant helped taking photos to capture all the wonderful moments, not forgetting a must to have a family photo! At the restaurant, Ashley immediately knows what she wants-udon was her favourite! We ordered quite a sumptuous meal for the family. We have a mango sushi, Chawanmushi, Ebi Udon, Grilled Katsu Set and Teriyaki Set. The kids especially enjoyed their meal very much. Though Cieran had his, he enjoys eating again with us (as usual). After the dinner, we ordered a green tea ice-cream to share. Both kids were trilled over the dessert. We didn't spend as much as I expected. The whole meal cost less than $55. Thanks to the 30% discount on their 30th anniversary (which ends this day). We sure will come again...during their 'discount period'. :-)

No comments: