Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Long Weekends with National Day

Thanks to the short school day on 8 Aug, I have a 4-Days break including the National Day. Since it is a long weekends, we have a fun bonding time together. We took bus rides, MRT... on purpose so to experience a different mode of transportation. The children, especially Cieran was trilled over the idea (though not their first time, but ever since I got my car, we hardly take any public transport). Immediately, they got their bus card ready before I need to go get them. Haha! We set off from home at 6pm and arrived at Toa Payoh Terminal 15mins later. Fast ride, wasnt it?! It was in fact very near from our house. Direct bus all the way... Next, we took the MRT from Toa Payoh to Dhoby Ghaurt, 5 stations away. Our final destination was Plaza Singapura, which needed some walking after we alighted from Dhoby Ghuart. Cieran has no fuzz at all, instead, he was enjoying the walk, looking around and asking me questions along the way. It has been a long while since I lasted visited Plaza Singapura, and it was certainly a relaxing opportunity shopping with children. No limitation on time, we decide where to shop, where to eat for dinner. As per children's request, we ended up having our dinner at KFC. Nothing special, but since the kids love it, I shall grant their wish. Both selected snackers -popcorn chicken, while I have my 2-pc chicken meal. For the 1st time, I allowed individual cup of pepsi. The children went wild...haha! After our sinful meal, we shopped around. No shopping list in mind, but always ended something to buy. Went in to Fox, as I am attracted by their "46% discounts"... and ended up with 1 bag of clothing when we walked out. :-p Inside, there's a hello kitty T for Ashley, Spiderman T for Cieran and a Minnie T for mum. Opps! The large sign board met the objectives! Next, I went to one of my favourite shop in Plaza Singapura, Daiso! I usually spent in this shop and I kept reminding myself to be cautious this time, not to buy things that I don't really need. Well, everything at $2 was another 'killer'... at least for me.. haha. Subconsciously, you tends to buy more items that you really need with the thought that "its just $2!' I am quite successful this time, as I only bought 1 item from Daiso. haha... and I think it was a good one. Can you guess? It's a large (real large) water sprayer for my plants. Kinda got motivated after I finally witness my orchid blooms... which I almost gave up growing. Next, we passed by Spotlight, and the kids were in their excitement. Lots of pinatas (licensed by disney) were hanging and displaying... and all at 20% discounts (for the week)! I am amazed as I never knew Spotlight sells pinatas. There's buzz lightyear, Barbie, Disney Princess, Thomas...etc. All at $36.20 before less. Hummm... tricky! After much thoughts, I decided to skip this buy. I wouldn't want to keep storage till Nov/Dec for a savings of $7plus. Moreover, I am not sure if we will be organising any birthday parties for the kids. Wise decision I felt... though I had the kids disappointed. To compensate, I suggested that we could take a bus ride down to Bugis and have ice-cream before we end our trip. This worked! The children's disappointed face lighted with glow. The next minute, we are out of Plaza Singapura, running for the bus. Bus 7 passed by and that's exactly the bus that will take us down to Bugis. Fortunately, it stopped for us and in less than 10mins, we alighted at Bugis with children each has an ice cream in their hands. Timing went well as they finished eating, daddy was here to pick us home.

No comments: