Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Cieran's 1st Field Trip with Carpe Diem

Cieran was with Carpe Diem for almost 8months, finally a field trip was organised. It's a trip to Underwater World, under the week's theme on animals. Before the trip, I have been telling Cieran what he will be expecting at the Underwater World to prepare him. He was happy over the trip. I recalled Ashley went to Underwater World as well when she was in K1, and I made the trip with her together with her school, she was rather afraid of the big sharks under the tunnel. As such, being fair to Cieran, I joined the school trip as well. Cieran was happy that I came along. On board the bus, Cieran was excited through the journey, especially he loves sitting on bus. He choose the front seat by the window. We arrived at Sentosa at around 10am, passes by Resort World which looks quite enormous to me. Finally we reached Underwater World and the 1st to greet us was stingray pool. This is new to me. Last time when I came with Ashley, there wasn't any such pool. It was interesting and I think it's educational as it allows the public to feel and touch the stingray. Cieran had fun watching them swimming to and fro. The adventurous ones can even buy the baits and feed them with your hands. There were several other sections where the public can put their hands to touch and feel the water, fishes and corals which make learning more interesting. Walking through the tunnel, I introduced to Cieran sharks, jelly fish, shells, crabs etc..... Cieran watched with amazement in his face. haha... he's such a cutie. Especially the giant crab... he was in total shock... but as usual, did a silly face while I cant helped but took a photo of him. the tunnel was an eye opener for the children. Earlier I was worried that Cieran will be afraid of the large fishes above him, but surprisingly he was so brave! He walk like a leader in front of the whole group. Haha! Along the tunnel journey, Cieran was observing the different fishes swimming around. He looked so attentively, I wonder what's in his mind.... We also saw 2 diver in the tunnel cleaning the area and feeding the fishes. The children looked with amazement. Next, the group moved on to the dolhine's show, but unfortunately, it was raining and we are 'trapped'. The distance to the threatre was not far though, thus the group decided to proceed. Fortunately I came prepared. I had an umbrella with me, thus both Cieran and myself were not wet at all. For once, I felt that BT Carpe Diem was not organised for the trip and children had to cross over under the rain. We missed the show anyhow, due to poor time management. Ended up, we had our lunch by the threatre. We left Sentosa around 2pm. Overall, The children including Cieran had fun. Nonetheless, I felt the trip could be even better and more educational.

No comments: