Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Chinese New Year Cheer in the House!

In a blink of eyes, Cieran has turned 14 months! Chinese New Year seems to be a paradise for the kids. Not to talk about Ashley who loves the new year goodies, even Cieran takes a fancy of that now! It is amazing that Cieran's teeth growth was not the normal manner where usually the front teeth pop up in pairs first before any sight of molars. For Cieran, he has 4 on the upper front jaws but only 3 on the lower front jaws. Plus! He has molars popping out ahead, probably in time to munch on more new year cookies! Talking about Cieran, he is a busy boy now. With his new abilities to walk, he enjoys his freedom on his own. He will explores the house, to the adventure of up the stairs on his own! It's a joy watching over Cieran growing stage now, and I wished the time will stop with him remaining at this age. Cieran loves to go out. At several times a day, he would take his shoes and bring them to you-asking for an outing. Even a short walk by the gate is a tremendous satisfaction for him. He brings many laughter to the family especially he is such a cheeky and cheerful boy. I took several days leave during the new year (from 29 to Chu 8) and spends about 3days alone with Cieran in the house. It was a wonderful home alone with him, spending time together. Cieran amuses me with his cheeking acts. He would walk out to the glass panel and seek my attention by beating on the glass panel. When I look over, he smiles and make funny faces. It's tremedeous joy with him around. A pity Ashley and Jeremy is not around to see his acts. I am sure they will have great laughs too. :-) The new year has been good, though I didn't win $ from the black jacks. I have already won some extra cash days before the new year. Thanks to Cai Shen and Cieran's lucky number. It's my life's 1st time to strike 4D first prize! Humbly, I invested only $2... keke! The money was spent on a hearty crab treats for my family of 11.5 members. Why 11.5??....well, Joanne's baby will be due only in May... thus she considers the 0.5 member. ;-) New year is one of my favourite festival. I like the 'preparation' weeks though spring cleaning can be tiring. Somehow, the spring atmosphere is there and even though I usually takes 2 full days to clean the house, the cleaning was done in a happy and joyful mood. I love to spent time browsing in Chinatown when usually I have nothing much to buy from there. The new year mood simply fills the air and I enjoy the crowd in Chinatown once a year. Besides a MUST to visit Chinatown, I love to visit nursery as well. As usual, I will buy few for the festive season. This year, I have selected 2 pots of red "Wan Zi Qian Hong' from Bedok nursery. On eve, I bought a pot of 'Ying Chun Hua' at a discounted price (50%) of $19. It took me more than 30mins to select one full of flower buds. I was very happy that it bloomed so well! On chu 2, 4 flowers bloomed! And the next few days... you can't imagine how beautiful the pot was! the bright yellow fills the living room with energy! The seller told me they are all year flowers... I sure hope it does survive even after the new year. Haha!

Woof...Woof....Happy New Year! Woof Woof.....







No comments: