Monday, 15 November 2010

Carpe Diem Alumni Gathering

6 Nov 2010, 1st Carpe Diem Alumni Gathering was held at Russel Campus. This idea started off arranging a gathering for Ashley's graduating batch and Ms Shahnaz suddenly thought of combining with the 2010 K2 Graduating. This was very welcomed by parents, including me. Afterall, the children had spent so many years together, they missed one another after graduating from Carpe Diem. For Ashley, she was with Carpe Diem since 19months! She spent 4years plus growing up with Carpe Diem (Carpe Diem Kidz then was only couple months old as well!). Ashley was overly excited over the gathering. She has been looking forward to this day. Looking at her excitement, I am prepared to skip her ballet class for this gathering. As Jeremy is out-stationed on business trip, I had to bring the 2 kids alone. Each parent will contribute a food item while the school will prepare barbecue items. I have selected a easy one - fruit cocktail. We arrived Russel Rd Campus around 3.40pm. Already, there are several cars parked outside, along the drive way. I am fortunate to be able to find one that is near to the gate, with minimal walking. I needed that! Coz Cieran slept in the car. I had to consider how could I bring in the fruit cocktail and carry Cieran at the same time. Ashley helped to carry my bag. As we walked in, we heard happy voices.... "Ashley! Ashley!..." Ashely was welcomed by her friends, Evangeline, Wan Qin and Shanice. Girls are girls... they hugged together happily as if they have not seen each other for many years. Haha! Their laughter woke Cieran (which is a blessing), and I immediately put him down. I am gald that Lynn came over to help me with the cocktail. The weight of both sure was too much for me. It was a surprised to see Pambudi at Carpe Diem. We spoke for a long while. His son was with Carpe Diem for few months as he just relocated back to Singapore. He will also be performing magic for the children, which was his forte. This time, he roped in his son in the performance. Ashley had long ran off to be with her friends. She was an out going girl that will be able to entertained herself very well. Poor little Cieran had no friends (younger ones are not in the party) thus he stayed with me. Anyway, he will be happy with the food... lots of food that will not bored him. I brought him around to the greenery. I have never really had such an opportunity exploring Russel Campus. The space was really huge (much larger than Royal Campus). More greens which I liked. Beside the tree house which is bigger, they have a hanging bridge, adventure and tyre swing, they even have small sand pit areas. All are what I will love to have in a childcare for my little children. This place suits Cieran best! Which is why I moved him back to Carpe Diem Kidz. No regrets! Really! ...despite the longer journey I have to make. The party started with graduating K2 children performing. Followed by, Pambudi and son did a magic performance. It definately delighted many children, as well as parents. There are also games that involved both children and parents. Tug of War, beautifully organised by teachers. The teachers have taken tremendous efforts in organising this gathering. The gahtering went well with lots of fun and of course, food!By the end of the day (around 7pm), I drove the childern home. As expected, they are both tired and doze off in my car.

No comments: