Wednesday, 19 May 2010

A Fun Day on Labour Day!

Weekends are always busy with either enrichment classes, or indulge in housework. Finally the day comes where I can spent the whole day with the children, without being a chauffeur driving kids to classes. A day that I long missed! I have everything all planned for this day-Labour Day! The day started with fun at the playground before our hearty breakfast at the coffee shop. Nothing fanciful, but the children are happy so far. Haha! Through the morning, I mentioned few times to Cieran that we will visit the hair salon to have his hair trimmed short. He seems to understand my explanation that mummy can't trimmed his hair well especially areas near to ear and only the hairdresser can do a better job than mummy. Not sure if he does understand what I said, but he didn't create any fuss over the topic. He knocks his head happily and says 'yes' when I mention hair cut later in the day (phew!). It has always been a challenge to have Cieran sit on the chair in the hair salon, and through the years, I am the one trimming his hair. (surprisingly, he sits quietly for me to trim his hair... but not others!) Anyway, since the salon doesn't open so early (as we are early birds), we have to head home 1st after breakfast. "What shall we do, Mummy?", Ashley asks me. Art & Craft I told her. Instantly, there are cheers among the air. The children gets excited over the activity I suggested. Haha! Soon, the table was set! Newspaper all over, with paints and craft works that I bought. The children are going to make their very own wind chime. Cieran may be a little young for this activity, but who cares! As long as he had fun... or rather, we had fun together. The 2 kids are busy painting their chime, while mummy watched them, and help them with the colours. Obviously Ashley's chimes looks more colorful with her knowledge of mix & match and dividing the colours separately. As for Cieran's one.... haha.... the colours turn dull of brownish green as he mixed them all together. We spent almost an hour in the colouring of wind chime before I have to rush the kids to the bathroom to get clean up. (they simply refused to let go of the colourings!) After washing up, we went for a bicycle ride to the hair salon. Ashley seems more anxious than Cieran. Along the walk to the salon, she goes on & on telling Cieran that he will look handsome after the hair cut....which is encouraging. Somehow Cieran has fear to the hair salon, and with Ashley's encouragements, I cross my fingers that all will goes well. I realised there are 2 hair salons around my house vicinity (for more than 3 years staying here... only now I noticed! :-p). I let Cieran choose which salon he prefers, and eventually we stepped into one. After much persuasions and hoax, he finally sat onto one of the chairs. (with Ashley sitting next to him). I thought this will be it.... who knows..... the moment the hairdresser came with the scissors, he started to cry for 'NO'! My god! I expected this, but thought all went well so far.... In the end, I had to sit with him, with no shield over us, and have the hair cut. This hair cut was certainly a challenging one for the hairdresser. With lots of hoax, cries, pacifying, trimming bit by bit.... eventually the job was done. I didnt take notice of the time how long it took, as I was already busy, rushing back home. You cant imagine how many hair/hairs I had on me!!! Of course, on Cieran as well. Along the way, he keeps pulling his shirt...and complaining itchy. Without further delay, shower is our next activity. Yes! We shower together.....haha... Can still afford to, when the kids are young. ;-) Not forgetting to praise Cieran being a good boy and he looks so handsome after the haircut.. I hope he will 'behaves' better in his next hair cut. Haha! Ashley was a great help is praising him. Next activity, we had water play. The children was trilled over the idea. It's been a long time since the last water play we had at home. After some digging at the storeroom, I found the pump for the pool. Children had been patient on mummy in setting this up. What to do? Mummy alone doing all the work ley.... but it's worth it when I see the smiles in them. While they are having fun, I am again busy snapping photos on them. For a moment, I wonder why I didn't snap photos during our playground fun and Art & Craft. As such, in this blog, I only have water play pics. (haiz!) Thank god that the weather had been good and the children gets to play outdoor. They had almost 2 hours water fun before I shower them again and head off for lunch. Kids favourite again!-KFC lunch. As expected, Cieran fell asleep soon after I started the car engine, but he didnt sleep for long. When I parked my car and carried him, he woke up. Also a blessing, so that he will not missed lunch. I am on my way queuing to place orders once I settled the kids to a table. I consider myself lucky that I always have peace of mind when I am alone with my kids-I can leave them to place orders while they will be waiting for me patiently by the table. The children welcome me when I am back to the table with... FOOD! Popcorn chicken and milk for Cieran, while Ashley had a chicken drumstick with some fries, an egg tart and a packet of milk. For myself, 2 pcs chicken, fries and drink. We had good junk food for lunch.... haha! After lunch, we head home for a story book before we take our naps. Well, the day had been well-spent, so putting the kids to bed wasn't a difficult task at all.

No comments: