Monday, 28 July 2008

Water Play @ Home

I have always been wanting to get a inflatable pool for the kids to play-whether as a ball pit, or water play, but such inflatable pool takes up space, plus it is not only expensive, I don't seems to find the right size too. Then one day, I finally spot the right one at Giant Supermarket. It cost less than $13, and the size is just ideal! I bought it without much hesitation. Ashley was with me and she was real excited. She can't wait to have water play. I choose a blue colour pool with the dolphins design-look more like in the ocean, though Ashley keeps persuading me that the pink is more beautiful. Haha! (Ashley is a 'pink" girl) Since this purchase, there has not been any chance for the kids to play. Well, firstly coz there's no sun (didn't want the kids to catch a cold) and secondly, I get lazy thinking on the process of 'blowing' up the pool. Ashley had reminded twice why they hadn't got the chance to play with it. She got real good memory... I like her question to me, it's always goes like this "Mummy, long long time ago we didn't play in the pool we buy". Haha! She likes to use the phrase"long long time ago"... She post this question to me on Sun-27July. I explained again that there wasn't any sun. She has a disappointed expression on her face.... then her face lighted up again and suggested that they can play with clothes on so they won't catch a cold. She certainly can come up with 'innovative' ideas! Didn't want to disappoint her, I told to wait in the afternoon, if there will be sun. After lunch, while strolling back home, I noticed the sky was warmer. Though not sunny sun, but warm enough for a session of outdoor water play. It was a blessing that I have bought a pump during sales, and I managed to blow up the pool easily. Cieran was still seated on the stroller, with a very curious face watching me doing the pumping job. Ashley was at his side, laughing and getting excited. She tried to help in stepping on the pump, but instead of pumping the air, she kept laughing and the hose came out. In the end, I did the job myself... but it was a fun time with Ashley's silly laughter filling the air. Cieran has a blur look when I placed him seated in the pool. He's probably still wondering what is happening...Ashley on other hand, got herself all ready for water play. When I opened the tap and fill up the pool, Cieran started to get excited. He and his busy hands clapping... while Ashley is laughing away happily. Again, Jeremy missed the happy scene of the kids having fun. I rushed in the house and grabbed my camera. How can I missed taking photos of the happy kids playing? I am a busy mum, amusing the kids with bubbles (blowing bubbles, while Ashley catch them), toys... Cieran was busy pulling and snapping the turtle. It's fun watch the kids at play. Can be busy (setting up and clearing), but it's all worth it. :-)

No comments: