Wednesday, 26 September 2007

A Children's Play - Baby Love

I have bought the tickets long ago in July, planning to bring Ashley to this play - Baby Love. It's a story about a little boy's feeling towards a new sibling in the house-his baby sister. In a way, I wish this play will bring about a positive receiving attitude on Ashley towards her baby brother who will joins the family in December. I have been on-off talking to Ashley and get her involved in preparing her brother's stuffs, eg naming the baby, choosing baby clothing, sharing toys and room, touching and talking to baby (actually to my tummy) etc. So far, I think Ashley has been positive and looking forward to see the baby. Nevertheless, I am hoping that the play share her feelings towards a 'new-comer' in the family and there's only more joy than jealously between siblings. Early morning, we had breakfast at Long John Silver. This is both our 1st time trying the toast in LJ. In my opinion, I think it tasted better than MacDonald's breakfast and the price is reasonable. We shared a breakfast set and it really made both of us full. The set include a ice milo, 2 toasts and a hash brown. The 2 triangle toast set was filled with juicy cheese, grilled chicken, fried egg and vegetables. The toast bread was even dipped with egg before it was toasted. It's quite healthy and tasted real yummy. Look at Ashley's face, you'll know that she has enjoyed the breakfast as well. Outside the theatre, Ashley waited eagerly... to kill the time, she amused herself by dancing at the entrance. :-p Baby Love was a wonderful play and I see that the children in the theatre love the story. They were all very responsive during the children's involvement portion, including Ashley. She was raising her voice and shouting to the actor. I am glad that she had enjoy the show. The show ended at 12pm (just 1hr show) and we are off to United Square for lunch. It happen that there is a bear workshop by the basement, and I bought Ashley over to take a closer look. Since I have the camera with me, we took some photos. :-) The children these days are really
lucky to have so many toy options. I see that many parents bought the bear for their child. The child get to choose the bear (or other pet animal) he/she likes, and select the clothing and accessories for it. I take a close look at the price... WOW! You know what I mean.... I am glad Ashley has been not been asking me to get one for her. One thing I am really proud of her is that she's not those child who see something nice and would pester mummy to buy. Phew!!! We walk around watching how a teddy bear is made. They have counters showing how it was made-from a teddy skin, stuff with cotton..till pressing and sewing it up. It's quite an opener to watch the flow (esp without having to buy one!) Then, I noticed a board stating the appearance time for real Teddy meeting children session...coincidentally, it's now... so, I excitedly bring Ashley over. I told Ashley there will be a surprise coming.... and truly, she is the 1st child who spotted the Teddy. Needless to say, a photo with Teddy is a MUST! Teddy appearance is overwhelming and well received by the children. It's lucky that we managed to get a photo without the crowd, plus... Ashley got a little gift from Teddy (a beary sticker) Another attraction for children in United Square will be rides almost every corner. I think this is the 'killer' for most parents where they have donated thousand of coins for such rides. Again, I must praise Ashley as she hardly pressed me for more rides when we have come to an agreement (usually 1-2 rides only). We headed home at 4pm when Ashley end her S&D lesson.
We both have a fun-filled day!

No comments: